It's been a really long day and it's late so I'm gonna make this short and sweet. For a couple of days now Brett has had a nasty cough and discovered a lump on his stomach on Friday. He tried to get a appointment with the doctor last week but the earliest appointment he could get was for today at 10:30am. So off we went to his appointment which we thought would result in a prescription for some cough medicine and antibiotics, boy were we wrong.
The doctor diagonsed Brett's lump as an umbilical hernia and thought his cough may be pnuemonia. The doctor couldn't get Brett's hernia to go back in and couldn't get hold of a specialist to look at it, so she sent us to the hospital for a chest x-ray and to see a surgeon about the hernia. After a long time spent at the hospital Brett has had four breathing treatments, a cat scan, and has been put on two different inhalers, steriods and antibiotics. The surgeon at the hospital wanted to operate on Brett's hernia today, but after hearing how bad his lungs are decided the surgery will have to wait until this Monday or Tuesday. The good news is that Brett's chest x-ray came back fine and they think he just has bronchitis or the flu, but they still want to wait until he is better to operate. All I can say is that I am really grateful we have good health insurance!
4 years ago