Thursday, July 17, 2008

Brett has gone back to work


So, yesterday was Brett's first day back at work and my first day alone with both kids. I admit that I was petrified that they were both going to cry all day and I would loose my mind, but I was pleasantly surprised by how easy and comfortable it was to be alone with our girls. Makenna has turned into a complete daddy's girl and had a little bit of a hard time watching him go to work but once he was out of sight she only asked for him once throughout the day. We are so blessed that both our kids seem to be just naturally well-behaved that I think we are spoiled. Brett started at a new job. He is the executive chef at an Italian restaurant called the Purple House. He seems to like the job so far, although it has only been one day. The restaurant is a brand new reataurant and today is their grand opening, so we are hoping it goes really well today. As for me, I plan on taking the girls out for little while today. This will be my first time taking both kids out by myself and I am a litlle apprehensive about it, but I know I have to do it eventually so I'd rather do it sooner rather than later. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

I definitely wish you luck on your first outing alone. Especially since Emma is only 3 weeks old. You are one tough cookie! You are lucky they are both such good girls.

I'm glad Brett liked his first day back to work. I hope it stays good and the restaurant is successful.

By the way- in case I haven't told you- I'm so happy you started a blog and even better- you're keeping it up. It makes me so happy to see what is going on in beautiful New York. I already want to come back.

Jason & Claire said...

PS- Thank you for your sweet comment. It made my day ;)

Jason & Claire said...

Check your gmail email account. I just sent pictures from out trip.

Deanna said...

I'm glad to hear that your first day went so well. at first you wonder if and how you will survive then all of the sudden one day you will look up and you won't remember what is was like before you had 2. Take Care and again...I'm so excited you are blogging!