Sunday, August 30, 2009

End Of summer

The leaves are already starting to turn and fall off the trees here in NY, and the forecast highs for this week are mid to upper 70s. Summers coming to an end (so sad). Not that we've had much of a summer here. It was only really warm for like two weeks here. Hopefully, a cold summer means a warm winter. The big new is our lives currently is that Makenna is officailly potty trained! Seems like I have been cramming potty training down her throat for about a year with little to no results, I tried everything everyone suggested and Makenna just wasn't getting it. Then, last Thursday Makenna actually asked me if she could wear her big girl underpants and she's been potty trained since. So glad to have that behind us. Also, Emma is starting to folllow simple commands. If you tell her to go lie down she will, and if you ask her to go get you something she will. I LOVE when she does stuff like that it's just so cute to see her trying to help and i love that she understands us. She does this really cute walk when she is doindg a task, she swings her little arms really hard and fast, that's how we know she means business. Yesterday, the girls and I had a yard sale, to get rid of some of their baby toys to make room for new ones Santa will bring, I can't believe we are already thinking about Christmas!

1 comment:

aubri said...

Woo hoo!!! Yay for Makenna! That's awesome! I can't wait to see Emma. I hope she's still doing the cute arm swining :) Love and miss you!!