Sunday, September 28, 2008

Notice Emma sleeping in the swing? That girl can sleep through anything!












Happy Birthday Uncle Josh! Thanks for bringing Noah down to spend some time with us.












Digging for worms with grandma, noah and uncle Josh. Makenna would not touch the worms.






































The girls LOVE when daddy has the day off.




































































Pardon our mess, but the house usually is a mess 5 minutes after Makenna wakes up. We call her our " one woman party".





















































Watching the last game played at Yankee stadium.



















I don't know if you can tell, but her eyes are steel blue.















So Makenna has officially started potty training! So far she has gone both number one and number two in her potty, but I don't think she understands why she is suppose to go in the potty instead of her diaper now. Everytime she does go in her potty she cries afterwards because she thinks she messed up and wasn't suppose to go in there. I feel so bad and try to explain to her that she did a good job, but she's still not connecting the two yet. I have a treasure bag full of "prizes" for her and she gets to pick one out every time she goes in her potty so I'm hoping that helps her understand that she is doing a good job. Since Makenna is in potty boot camp I try and not take her too far away from home (where she can roam freely with no diaper) so we've been stuck at the house for a couple of days now. It's really not that bad though because the weather is cooling off in New York now so it's great outside weather. On Saturday Makenna took the day off from potty trainging while her cousin, Noah, and uncle Josh came to visit. Makenna absolutely LOVES both Noah and her unlce Josh, so it was a real treat for her. Emma enjoyed watching the two older kids play and just seems like she cannot wait until she can play too. That reminds me, Emma has started scooting! Emma has this mirror with a purple bird on it that she just loves, and when she has her daily tummy time Emma has started to scoot across her blanket to get to the birdie! She just turned 3 months, so I am way impressed by her determination. Emma favorite past time is to sit up and watch Makenna do absolutely anything and she has been taking notes. I just adore seeing those two girls together, and as Emma gets older and is starting to get a real personality of her own, Makenna just likes to play and enage with Emma all that much more. I LOVE being able to watch their bond as sisters form and grow and hope they are always incredibly close. Also, After being on/off, on/off Brett's hernia surgery is back on again. He has an official date of November 12th for the surgery, so we'll see if it actually happens. The insurance company has already started giving us problems about it, so we just hope everything goes as planned. Brett and I have also put in an offer on a condo in Vegas and are praying and hoping we get that also. If anyone has any potty training tricks I would really appreciate hearing about them, thanks.

5 comments:

aubri said...

I can't believe Emma is scooting! Man, I really need to work on tummy time with Emmett...I don't wanna screw him up!

I'm sorry I don't have any potty training tricks I have yet to experience all that! But I DO have a funny story...when my parents potty trained me I remember being really confused, also. I seriously thought that a train was supposed to go down the toilet when I flushed. So Makenna's not the only confused one!

Jason & Claire said...

I love hearing about your girls. You seriously have the prettiest girls ever. Little Miss Makenna never fails to crack me up. She has so much personality! I love all of the pictures of them with Brett. I like the ones of them together. I can't believe Emma is scooting and Makenna is potty-training. It breaks my heart that she is confused and thinks she isn't doing it right. She's doing so well. You are such a good mom. You put so much effort into them and it shows. Miss you guys!

Jason & Claire said...

Miss you guys!

Deanna said...

I can't beleive how big Makenna looks and how much Emma is changing already. We can't wait to see you all in November. Love and miss you sooooooooo much

Deanna said...

I love that you put an offer in on a condo and you just causually mention it at the end of your blog. I love you guys and your cute girls can't wait to see you in 6weeks.