Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December update

So I haven't posted in a while because our camrea and computer are not cooperating but i figured it's time i got on here and posted an update on our little family anyway. Thanksgiving was spent at Brett's parents house in Vegas (and it was so nice and warm in Vegas). Thanksgiving is becoming one of my favorite holidays because it's the only time of the year when Brett's WHOLE family gets together. Makenna is getting older and absolutely LOVED playing with all her cousins in Vegas. She still asks to go to Grandma Scott's house and see her cousins, she had just the best time with them. Brett and I just love seeing her play with her cousinss too. Emma got to meet her cousin Emmet (who is all of 5 days older than her) while we were in Vegas too. I have the cutest pictures from Vegas and it just kills me not to be able to post them yet. When we got back from Vegas we found out Brett was laid off from his job, so we've been job hunting a bit since. He's suppose to start at a new job this Friday but it's only part time, so our search will continue. Emma recently had her 6 month check up ( a bit early she won't officially be six months until Christmas) and she is currently sitting at 19 lbs. 2 oz. and is 27 and 1/2 inches long. How can it be that she is already a half a year old and so big? I can't believe it. She continues to just be the happiest baby I've ever met and is just sweet as can be. Emma has recently discovered that it's pretty funny when Makenna cries, so now when Makenna starts crying Emma starts laughing. Just today i took the girls to go see Santa and Makenna is crying in the picture and Emma is just as happy as can be. Who knew sibling rivalry would start so early? Makenna is super excited for Santa to come tomorrow. She asked Santa for a Diego doll for her and a Dora doll for her Daddy. Also, we've had LOTS of snow here in NY this week. Makenna and her Daddy have been out sleigh riding and tried to build a snow man. Emma also went out in the snow, but I worry about her getting too cold and as soon as her cheeks got rosy we bought her right back inside. Hopefully I can get pictures posted from Christmas soon, but until then we would like to wish all who read this a very happy holiday!

2 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

it's so good to get an update on u guys. I'm so sorry about bretts job. Maybe it's A sign that u r supposed to come home and look for a job! J/k ;) I can't wait to c the Santa pics of emma laughing at makenna! Girls and their drama! I want to c all the snow pics too! Have a great Christmas. We love and miss u all!

aubri said...

Debbi and I were just talking tonight about how Emma laughs so much- SO CUTE and I'm way jealous! You need to come back and make Emmett laugh again :) We will pray for you and Brett although I do agree with Claire! lol! Love you guys! Merry Christmas!