Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lately We've Been....

Enjoying nicer weather! So, yes it was flurrying out again today, but it didn't stick and basically the weather is finally starting to feel more spring like here in New York. Lately it's been consistently about 60 degrees out, and after a long winter people in NY treat 60 degree weather like it's summertime, and our family is happy to see birds again and hear crickets too. All of Makenna's "outside" toys are back out, her sandbox is full and she has even sweet talked Papa into filling up her water table for her(which she sat in the yesterday while I was bringing groceries in the house). The girls and I try to either get to the park or spend most of the day out in the yard when the weather permits. Emma is loving being outside! It's so funny to watch her feel the grass for the first time or play in the sandbox or even to see her face when she sees worms. Makenna's favorite place to be is at the park. She is always the loudest kid there, but she amazes me at how quickly she makes a bunch of friends each time we go there (ok I have to add that every child Makenna comes in contact with she renames them Koben, she has been doing this ever since we came back from Vegas after Thanksgiving. So when ever we are at the park she will come over and introduce me to her friends who are all named Koben according to her. I just had to add this for Debbi because I swear she does this with EVERY child she has met in the past 5 months and I think it's just too funny.) Emma is still working on walking and has walked unassisted across our whole living room! About a week or so ago she took a spill and hit her face and had a big old black and blue across the bridge or her nose. It looked frightening and I took her to the doctor for it who assured me that thankfully Emma has no cartilidge in her nose yet and that she was just fine. Since then Brett is the only one who lets Emma walk unassisted, i will ABSOLUTELY not let go of her when she is walking, but I will admit that she is getting progressively better and more independent. She has also started to crawl. She doesn't crawl like a normal baby though, she does this army crawl on her belly which works well for her and is pretty cute to watch too. Makenna is getting so skinny that I can't keep clothes up on her and Emma is having the opposite problem. Poor little Emma is already in size 24 months and has even out grown some of them. She's not especially long for her age (she's only in the 70th percentile in height) but she is our little roly poly. Her pants all hang down past her feet and yet are snug across her sweet little belly. She is seriously so cute and chubby I have got to get some pics on here. As for Brett, he is now the Executive chef at a local restaurant called Mojo grill (www.mojogrill.net). He's back to working long hours but his boss is extremely nice and the food is upscale, so he is pretty content there. We are just looking forward to even nicer weather to head our way and for the pool to be open!

3 comments:

aubri said...

That was so fun to read! Your little girls are the cutest and just seem to bring so much joy to you and Brett. I'm so proud of Emma for walking! That's amazing! I wish I could see them.

Jason & Claire said...

I always love the way you talk about your girls. You can tell how much you love them. It's so neat to hear about all of their activities and personalities. What special little girls. Hope to see them soon. After reading this we might have to fly out there again!;)

The Pfau's said...

I can't tell you how much I love that she renames everyone Koben. I LOVE your girls! Seriously if they are ever missing just give the police my name and address because I am so not kidding when I say I want to kidnap them!!!