Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First "Camp Out"

It is after 10 pm and Brett and Makenna have just headed out for Makenna's first " camp out". Brett got a tent for Father's Day and Makenna has been bugging him nonstop since Sunday to go sleep outside in the tent. Poor Brett. Makenna has him so wrapped around her little finger. Not only is today one of the hottest and most humid days we've had so far this year, but Brett does not go to sleep until about 3 or 4 in the morning so I know he is going to be sitting in the dark for a while tonite. When you add the bugs and the fact that I can already forsee Makenna waking up at daybreak, I feel bad for Brett (who works so hard all week and really enjoys his rest on his days off). The things we endure for our kids. I only hope Makenna knows how much her daddy loves her to be doing this with her, and how lucky she is to have such a caring, loving daddy. I know I am grateful to Brett for being the one to volunteer to sleep outside with Makenna, as Emma and I will be snug in our comfy beds in our air conditioned room with TV. We love you, Brett/Daddy.

3 comments:

aubri said...

That's adorable!!! I seriously can't wait to hear how it went :)

Jason & Claire said...

So sweet! Those pictures are going to be precious;)

The Pfau's said...

Brett is such a sweet daddy. Your girls are very lucky to have both of you. Isn't it funny how a little girl can get her daddy to do just about anything. Just wait- it is the same way for little boys and their moms! So let us know how the campout went! And pictures too!