Sunday, March 14, 2010

?

We really need to get Emma off the bottle but she WILL NOT take a cup. At least by this age Makenna was taking a cup during most of the day, but Emma absolutely refuses to even look at a cup. One day we were out running errands and I only bought Emma a cup with us thinking if Emma got thirsty enough and only had a cup handy she would have to take it, so wrong, she just screamed he lungs out until we got home....bad idea, won't ever do it again. Emma gave up her binkies so easily that i thought the bottle would be easy too, wrong again. Any one have any ideas what to do with a kid who won't let go of her bottle?

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Sorry... no good ideas. I started Taylor on his sippy earlier than the others...but then he didn't want to give up the sippy... when he turned four we told him he HAD to...then he wouldn't drink milk. All the kid will drink now is juice.

aubri said...

I don't have any good ideas either:( I am a mean mom so I probably would just take the bottle away forever and buy the sippys with the soft tips and let her cry it out. Also, my friend wrapped up all the binkies and bottles and brought them over to Emmett when he was tiny and told her daughter that she was a big girl now and that Emmett needed her binkies and bottles since he was a baby...it totally worked for her so maybe if you know a baby, that could work for you!

The Pfau's said...

Such funny pictures. I miss those girls soooo much!!!! They are sooo styling for the Easter Egg Hunt!! I wish Makenna and Iris lived close together so they could go to dance class together. They would be so cute. I can't wait to see you guys!!